Companions to the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
Nancy Opalski firstname.lastname@example.org
The Companions are Christian women and men who share in and live out the spirit and mission of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia within their own vocation and lifestyle. They are contemporary examples of God’s loving providence, enabling the journey to continue.
You may choose to pursue a relationship with the Sisters of St. Francis as a companion. Companions share in the spirit and mission of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia through prayer, faith, or ministry. Like all Christians, Franciscan companions are called through baptism to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ as sister and brother with the entire human family and with all of creation.
We invite you—as a companion—to support your own call as well as the spirit and mission of the sisters by praying daily the companion’s prayer. You are encouraged to pray in whatever way God has called you for the congregation and for all companions. You will be remembered at the daily Eucharistic Liturgy at the motherhouse.
Companions are encouraged to spread the good news of the Gospel through their life and, if able, through some type of activity or volunteer service. For some companions support may mean praying for the sisters in these ministries. For others an opportunity to support the ministries by donations of goods or service may present itself.
All Franciscan Companions
- Pray daily for the Sisters of St. Francis and the sisters pray daily for the companions
- Receive information regarding the Franciscan charism and the Mission of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
- Are invited to an annual retreat day
- Are invited to an annual gathering day of sisters and companions
- Receive periodic communication from the FCM office and the congregation’s publication Good News
- Commit themselves to this relationship annually
Please see their website for more information osfphila.org